Willow Cottage Langton Matravers
Located in Langton Matravers, Dorset
Three storey stone cottage offering comfortable accommodation for up to six guests, located in the pretty village of Langton Matravers, just two miles from the seaside town of Swanage.
- Sleeps: 5
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: No
This property is situated in the quiet Dorset village of Langton Matravers, within a five-minute walk of the village pub and convenience store. The area surrounding the village is a great spot for keen walkers, as there are simply miles of footpaths crisscrossing the countryside, leading south to the coast and north to the village of Corfe Castle with its impressive ruined castle, tearooms, and gift shops. To the east of the village, meanwhile, the seaside town of Swanage offers a bustling seafront with a pier and sandy beach, whilst slightly further away, a twelve-minute drive from the cottage, the National Trust beach at Studland Bay is an idyllic unspoilt stretch of sand backed by heathland.
Arriving at this cottage, guests will find that the cosy lounge with its stone fireplace, wood burner, and TV/DVD is a lovely place to relax on the comfortable sofa and chairs. From here an opening leads through to the light-filled kitchen which offers contemporary-style units housing an oven, hob, fridge, and dishwasher, whilst the microwave, freezer, and washing machine are kept in the separate utility room. A single bedroom can also be found on the ground floor along with a wet room with shower and WC, whilst the remaining bedrooms can be found upstairs. The first of these is an attractive double room that boasts far-reaching sea views. There is also a shower room with shower and WC on this floor, beyond which a second set of stairs leads up to a delightful twin bedroom which is located in the converted attic, and therefore has some reduced head-height. The landing outside this bedroom has space that can be used to set up an additional bed if needed, the use of which is subject to a £35 charge per stay.
Outside, the property benefits from a modestly-sized garden which is located opposite the cottage and for which a table and chairs are provided. There is private parking for one car.
Please note there is a refundable £150 security deposit for this property payable closer to the start of your holiday.
- Traditional three-storey stone cottage given and thoughtful update to create a comfortable and stylish holiday cottage
- Private garden situated opposite the cottage, offering a relaxed seating area
- Situated just a five-minute drive from the wide sandy beach at Swanage
- Ideal location for keen walkers with footpaths leading across the countryside to the coast at Dancing Ledge and north to Corfe Castle
- 3 bedrooms 1 double, 1 twin, and 1 single Travel Cot available (additional single mattress available for an additional charge of 35)
- 2 bathrooms 1 wet room with shower and WC on the ground floor and shower room with shower and WC on the first floor
- Oven, hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, and washing machine
- Bed linen, heating, and electric included
- Towels available to hire
- Wood burner (first basket of logs included)
- Regret no pets
- 150 security deposit payable prior to arrival
- Private parking for 1 medium family-sized car
- Pub and shop within walking distance, beach 2 miles
Langton Matravers is a village located between Swanage and Corfe Castle. The village has a village shop and post office. The village also has two pubs which offer traditional home-cooked food. Visit the local museum and discover the history of the quarries in the village. There are many footpaths in Langton Matravers, making it a great place for walking. The most popular trail is along the South West Coast Path to take in the sights of The Dancing Ledge. This is a natural formation of rock ledge, which at times makes the water seem as if it is dancing. Visit Keates Quarry and discover the many limestone dinosaur footprints. For a great family day out visit the Putlake Adventure Farm and let the kids explore while you relax with a coffee.