Located in Wool, Dorset
This picture-postcard cottage oozes charm both inside and out and is ideally located for exploring the Dorset countryside and coastline.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: 1
Facing the village street in Winfrith Newburgh, the property is within easy walking distance of the local amenities. With an award-winning village shop, Post Office and picturesque cottages, it hosts a lively community and regular events. Set out on foot to explore the unspoilt Dorset countryside that surrounds the village or join the South West Coast Path and follow the dramatic Jurassic Coastline to Durdle Door, Bat’s Head and Lulworth Cove. The lively coastal resort of Weymouth is just 11 miles away and offers a good choice of eateries and shops together with a selection of watersports activities for those in search of adventure.
Step through the charming front door into a spacious and light lounge, which boasts wooden shutters, flagstone flooring and a delightful window seat for a spot of afternoon reading. After a long day of discovery, rest tired legs on the comfortable sofa, light the wood burner that sits within an imposing brick fireplace and watch your favourite shows on Netflix. To the rear of the house are a light and airy kitchen/diner with a tiled floor, stylish wall tiles, circular dining table and stable door opening onto the garden. Kitted out with everything you should need, the kitchen contains an oven, hobs, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine together with an iPod dock for entertaining. While light meals can be enjoyed in the kitchen, special dinners are best celebrated in the dining room next door, which can double up as a playroom or additional reception room. Also on this floor is a bathroom with a separate shower. Upstairs are two light bedrooms, one double with rustic pine furniture and one twin that’s perfect for children.
Outside, a stunning cottage garden is beautifully stocked with colourful beds, borders and pots. There is a sheltered sunny terrace for al fresco dining and a lawn for dogs and children to play. There is parking on the village street.
Dogs are charged at £20 each per full or part week.
- Located just 3 miles from Lulworth Cove, within Dorset's Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with wonderful walks on the doorstep and easy access to the South West Coast Path
- Charming Grade II-Listed chocolate box cottage in idyllic village location brimming with charm and character through exposed beams, a brick fireplace and original cottage windows
- Pretty cottage garden to the rear for al fresco dining or for cooler evenings there is a wood burner in the lounge for a cosy night in
- 2 bedrooms 1 double and 1 twin, both with reduced height in the eaves
- 1 ground floor bathroom with shower cubicle and WC
- Oven and hob, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine
- iPod dock
- Garden with furniture
- Central heating included
- Wood burner logs included October end of April
- Wi-Fi included
- Unallocated on-street parking
- 1 small dog welcome
- A short walk from the village shop and Post Office 100 yards, pub 1 mile
Wool is a small and peaceful village near Bovington and Wareham. Dotted with quaint thatched cottages, this village is very photogenic. The River Frome runs through here and on the banks you can spot the 17th-century Woolbridge Manor where "Tess of the D'ubervilles spent her honeymoon night in the Thomas Hardy novel. There is a convenience store here and 2 pubs. Visit The Tank Museum a little drive away, in Bovington. Discover how the tanks advanced through the years, experience an action display and take a ride in a tank. For those who enjoy walking, pick up the Lawerence of Arabia trail. Explore the flat, 7 mile trail and stop for refreshments in the tea rooms along the way at Moreton. West Lulworth and Durdle Door are within driving distance.